My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://furrariaussies.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Been a while!

This was my first trial weekend since the first weekend in December! I went to a USDAA trial on Saturday and an AKC trial on Sunday. At the USDAA trial, Tooney got her first Performance National Standard leg for the year. She went off course in Masters Standard and didn't Q in gamblers either. She had a missed dogwalk contact in Masters relay and her partner had a refusal but it should have been fast enough to Q. I didn't actually wait to see the results.

Enzo almost ran clean in Grand Prix but knocked a bar on a difficult turn. He stuck his dogwalk contact though! In Starters Standard Enzo knocked the first bar because I set him up too close. There wasn't much room but I should have put him all the way back against the fencing. Enzo Q'd and got first in starters gamblers! He stuck both his dogwalk contacts. He still doesn't stick his aframe in competition but he's getting the contact consistently. In starters jumpers, he ended up knocking 2 bars. It was a fun speedy course so I decided to push for speed instead of playing it safe. We had fun!

At sunday's AKC trial, the standard course was a killer. Enzo's only mistake was that he flipped towards the tunnel at the bottom of the aframe. He didn't actually go in but he touched it. He hasn't tried to do that in a while! In JWW, he did well but I slipped on the sand that they used to fill in gopher holes when I was rear crossing and he knocked the bar. Tooney got a Q and 4th place in JWW and had a horrible run in standard. We just weren't in sync at all.

Oh and I got another private with Elicia on Sunday and worked on handling. Elicia got her MACH with Nika on sunday so that was very awesome to be there for! Not bad for a one eyed dog! She suggested visualization and shadow handling for me to help with switching between dogs. I tried it some in our lesson but it will take some practice to get more comfortable with it. She also helped me with handling more agressively and I think I know how to start looking at courses a little differently. I need to run hard in the places where I can but still decelerate in the right places. I also need to practice getting the timing right on those tough front crosses. I'm very glad that I got to work with her a bunch while she was out here!

Some links to enzo pics from the USDAA trial:

from gamblers:
http://dynamicdogphotos.com/ids/index.cgi?mode=album&startitem=73&album=/Dynamic%20Dog%20Photo%20Gallery/0%20Agility%20Bonita%20USDAA%20Jan%2009/Saturday/Starters%20Gamblers/22%20inch

from jumpers:
http://dynamicdogphotos.com/ids/index.cgi?mode=image&album=/Dynamic%20Dog%20Photo%20Gallery/0%20Agility%20Bonita%20USDAA%20Jan%2009/Saturday/Starters%20Jumpers/22%20inch&image=IMG_3533rpja9.JPG

my fav! lol
http://dynamicdogphotos.com/ids/index.cgi?mode=image&album=/Dynamic%20Dog%20Photo%20Gallery/0%20Agility%20Bonita%20USDAA%20Jan%2009/Saturday/Starters%20Jumpers/22%20inch&image=IMG_3534rpja9.JPG

from standard:
http://dynamicdogphotos.com/ids/index.cgi?mode=album&startitem=109&album=/Dynamic%20Dog%20Photo%20Gallery/0%20Agility%20Bonita%20USDAA%20Jan%2009/Saturday/Starters%20Standard/22%20inch

1 comment:

Sarah Duke said...

Sounds like a cool weekend, USDAA AND AKC!!! I haven't braved doing that yet. You are sooo lucky to be working with Elicia so much and seeing Nika's MACH that's really cool.